Celebrating the Season and Our Centennial
- December 17th, 2019
Throughout 2019, the Culverhouse College of Business at The University of Alabama celebrated its centennial with a series of events that brought together our friends to not only share memories of the past, but also showcase grand plans for the future.
Those plans include the forthcoming Hewson Hall, which thanks to the support of our alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students, is now out to bid, with the site undergoing construction preparations.
Some other highlights over the past year:
- Publications such as U.S. News and World Report and Forbes ranking our academic programs among the best in the country.
- The opening of a new center for entrepreneurship and innovation named The EDGE.
- Student teams winning or placing at case competitions across the country, over and over and over and over again.
- A new Master of Science of Management Information Systems degree that cultivates leadership capabilities while teaching hard IT skills.
- Faculty conducting landscape-changing research across a multitude of disciplines.
Now at the end of our centennial year and in the midst of the holiday season, we express a deep sense of gratitude to all those who helped us fulfill our mission. We recognize our faculty and staff whose work ensures we are able to provide a top-tier business education, our alumni and friends who generously give to support our students and programs, and our outreach and research centers that make a true difference in the community.
Thank you and Happy Holidays.