The vision of the Culverhouse College of Business is to be internationally recognized as a proponent of lifelong learning and lasting change in our community and global society.
We are an inclusive community, committed to personal engagement, and dedicated to shaping the future of business through excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Lee Bidgood, the first dean of what is now known as the Culverhouse College of Business, launched the undergraduate business program at The University of Alabama in 1919, followed by the graduate program in 1924. The school became a college in 1969. More important moments in Culverhouse’s history here.
Dr. Kay M. Palan is the ninth dean of the Culverhouse College of Business. More about Dean Kay Palan.
The College offers degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels and has been continuously accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1929. In 1981, the Culverhouse School of Accountancy became one of the first of 13 programs in the nation to achieve separate accreditation in accounting.
The first building was Bidgood Hall, which was completed in 1929. Bidgood Hall has grown through several expansions and is now a central part of a technologically integrated, three-building business complex in the central University of Alabama campus. Alston Hall, which houses large classrooms and faculty and administrative offices, was completed in 1991, and the Bruno Business Library and the Bashinsky Computer Center were added in 1994. Hewson Hall opened its doors in the summer of 2021.
Updated Fall 2023
10,005 total enrollment
9,290 undergraduate students
682 graduate students
40.6 percent of Culverhouse students are from Alabama
59.4 percent are from out-of-state