Why Culverhouse? Let Us Tell You
- April 30th, 2020
Watch a special video message from our Undergraduate Recruiting Coordinator and our Associate Dean for Undergraduate and International Programs about why the Culverhouse College of Business may be the right choice for you.
We understand that the college decision is important and potentially complex. So, we want to provide you with the information you need to understand “Why Culverhouse” should be at the top of your list.
Our Differentiating Factors
- Rankings: Culverhouse, the flagship business school in Alabama, ranks well at all levels. U.S. News & World Report ranks our undergraduate program 27th among publics, 5th in the SEC, and 43rd overall. In addition, Our Culverhouse School of Accountancy consistently ranks in the top-10 nationally.For those interested in grad school, our MBA is ranked 19th among publics by U.S. News & World Report (41st overall), and our online masters programs are ranked #10 nationally by that same publication.
- Student Focus: Culverhouse takes pride in our student focus: 98% of our December graduates indicated having engaging and caring faculty and 66% reported having a faculty or staff mentor who guided them professionally.
- Experiential Learning: Experiential learning is a known “student success factor” and 91% of our December graduates reported that they engaged in experiential learning of some sort including internships (67%) and study abroad (13%)
- Professional Development: Culverhouse has a required professional development program (UA Business LEAD) including a foundational three-course professional development sequence and executive-style leadership training sessions.
- Career Placement and Recruiting: Being a nationally ranked flagship makes Culverhouse a natural choice for the world’s best companies. Our undergraduates are pursued by some of the best global companies such as PwC, Walmart, PepsiCo, FedEx, GEICO, and more. Our most recent placement data show a 92% placement rate with an average salary of $53,125.
For a full list of all the info you need to help make your decision, please go to our college admissions resources page: