2020 Culverhouse Alumni Awardees Named
- April 30th, 2020
The Culverhouse College of Business has witnessed nearly 60,000 alumni graduate from its highly-respected and highly-ranked programs.
These alumni are innovators and entrepreneurs, making transformative impacts both in business and in their communities.
These alumni are also devoted, having proven their dedication to The University of Alabama and Culverhouse through involvement as members of the college’s Board of Visitors or committed supporters of its students and programs.
Every year, the College celebrates the contributions of some of its most distinguished alumni in a ceremony attended by the awardee and their family and friends. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s ceremony that was to be held on April 17 at the Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center in downtown Tuscaloosa was cancelled. However, that does not lessen the recognition that has been bestowed to these honorees.
Congrats to all!
2020 Culverhouse Alumni Award Honorees
CULVERHOUSE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Ron Bruno, Chairman Emeritus, Bruno Event Team
- Cynthia Day, President and CEO, Citizens Trust Bank
CULVERHOUSE YOUNG ALUMNI OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Rodrigo Flores, Vice President, Technology, Media and Telecom Banking, Mizuho
- Sara Snider, Vice President, Strategic Growth Markets, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
CULVERHOUSE OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD
- Don Birdwell, Retired Group CEO, SunGard Business Systems, Inc.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS, STATISTICS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCE ALUMNI LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Walter Batson, Chairman, INTERFUZE Corporation
ACCOUNTING ALUMNI LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Paul Booker, US Internal Audit – Head of People, BBVA Compass
MARKETING ALUMNI LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Lonnie Ostrom, Professor of Marketing at Arizona State University and President Emeritus of ASU Foundation
MANAGEMENT ALUMNI LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Don Myhan, HR Consultant
ECONOMICS, FINANCE AND LEGAL STUDIES ALUMNI LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Todd Mezrah, Founder and CEO, mapbenefits