Undergraduate Research on Display at 2021 URCA
- April 28th, 2021
The University of Alabama recently hosted its 2021 Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity (URCA) Conference to showcase the many examples of the outstanding contributions to research Culverhouse undergraduate students are making under the supervision of their faculty mentors.
The College was well-represented at the Conference with 24 research projects from Culverhouse students. See the complete list of all participating students here.
Several Culverhouse students received awards for their research. Those students and their awards are:
- Ashton Royal: 1st place, Completed Research (Business) for Diversity Catalyzing Solutions: The Impact of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) on COVID-19 Crisis (Faculty Advisor: Theresa Welbourne)
- Catherine Besand: 1st place, Work in Progress (Business) for What’s In It For The Untitler: An Exploration of The Impact of Untitling Women (Faculty Advisor: Stacey Robinson)
- Jonathan Oakley Prell: 2nd place, Work in Progress (Business) for Illicit Wildlife Trade: Network Interdiction (Faculty Advisor: Burcu Keskin)
- Alegna Contreas: 1st place, Completed Research (Health Sciences) for Inhibitory Effect of Lipid Guest Compounds on the in vitro Digestion of Starch (Faculty Advisor: Lingyan Kong)
- Connor Dessert: Excellence in Research Award, (Business) for Tracking Student Correspondence and Class Performance (Faculty Advisor: Chapman Greer)
- Nicole Kozhukhov: Excellence in Research Award, (Business) for Political Contribution & Pension Plan Return In Swing States (Faculty Advisor: Sugata Ray)
- Anna Kutbay: Excellence in Research Award, (Business) for Co-Movements of International Housing Prices: a Dynamic Factor Analysis (Faculty Advisor: Junsoo Lee)
In addition, Marilyn Whitman and Tom English were each selected to receive an URCA Top Faculty Mentor Award.