Important Course Delivery Updates
- July 20th, 2020
Dear Culverhouse and Manderson Students,
We are excited to welcome you back to campus for fall semester soon. While you can expect to see changes across campus to reflect adherence to necessary safety standards, be assured our commitment to your education experience remains as strong as ever.
Over the last several weeks, we have worked diligently to modify and schedule classrooms while adjusting teaching formats to provide as many in-person class opportunities as possible. As you log into your student account, you’ll see the last round of major changes made to the course delivery methods and room assignments on your schedule. Where needed, new and modified sections are now available for enrollment.
Instructional Methods Details
- More than 60 percent of fall Culverhouse classes will be taught using the Face-to-Face (FA) method, with all students attending all class sessions in person. Lectures and other materials will be available to all students through Blackboard.
- 10 percent of our fall Culverhouse classes will be taught using the Hybrid (HY) method, meaning they will have rotating schedules. For example, for a Tuesday-Thursday class, half the class will attend in person Tuesday and online Thursday, and the other half will attend online Tuesday and in person Thursday. Hybrid also could mean video lectures with class time reserved for Q and A, working problems, or testing. As with face to face, lectures and other materials will be available to all students through Blackboard.
- 20 percent of our fall Culverhouse classes will be taught using the Interactive Audio / Video (AV) method, meaning that classes may be taught online (e.g., Zoom) at the scheduled time; students will log in remotely for the lecture. Again, all lectures and other materials will be available through Blackboard.
- The remaining 10 percent of our fall Culverhouse classes will be taught using the Internet (IN) method, meaning that course content will be pre-recorded for the students to watch when and where convenient.
We are committed to delivering a rich, interactive, and high-quality learning experience, with the same content and learning outcomes across all instructional methods.
Regardless of instructional method, If illness or proximity causes you to be unable to attend class in-person, you will be able to experience the class online for the entire semester, or for a portion of the semester as needed.
We know you will have many questions, and we will do our best to provide you the latest information. If you need to make any changes to your schedule or if you have questions about your schedule, please contact your advisor directly.
If you are an Accounting major, contact Candace Peters email@example.com; MIS or OM, contact Heather Davis firstname.lastname@example.org; Economics or Finance, contact Dixie Hamner email@example.com.
You also may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Culverhouse advising office at 205-348-4537 or 800-828-2622. And as always, visit our website for additional helpful info.
Please be aware that on the following days and hours, course enrollment will be limited to new-student orientation participants (all times CDT):
- Tuesday, July 21st: CLOSE at 8:00 a.m. | Reopen at 3:15 p.m.
- Thursday, July 23rd: CLOSE at 8:00 a.m. | Reopen at 3:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28th: CLOSE at 8:00 a.m. | Reopen at 3:15 p.m.