The Asa H. Bean Undergraduate Student Services Center ("Student Services") was established in 1976. Today, we employ a team of 19 that includes 9 academic advisors, and 1 advising specialist (online) who work with our undergraduate population on a term by term basis involving one-on-one interactions through scheduled 30-minute academic advising appointments, daily On-Call sessions, and specialized Group Signature sessions held during peak advising times. Before and after students declare their majors, we partner with them in learning about opportunities inside and outside in and out of the classroom to enhance their college experience, and build a strong competitive resume while enrolled in the Culverhouse College of Commerce.
To our current, future, and prospective students, we look forward to working with you on your academic and professional plan over the next four years. Please review the links to the left that provide additional information on advising, internships, education abroad and much more.
Remember, you have an entire team here to help you achieve your goal. We recognize that you are an individual and therefore encourage you to take intellectual risks while developing relationships with faculty and staff mentors who can support you as you pursue your academic opportunities at The University of Alabama.
- David J. Heggem, Jr., Ed.D.
Associate Dean and Director of Undergraduate Programs
We welcome you to visit us on the bottom floor of Bidgood Hall, Room 10.
Our office hours are: Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. - 4:45p.m.
A.H. Bean Undergraduate Student Services Academic Advisors
Meet Our Team
Our professional staff of Academic Advisors are here to offer you guidance in developing and attaining your educational, professional and personal goals. We are also proud members of NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising.
- Dave Heggem, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Student Services
- Daniel Maguire, College Registrar
- Brandy Frost, Director of Recruitment & Orientation
- Heather Ammons - Academic Advisor, Professional Development Coordinator
- Michael Avant - Academic Advisor, Honors Day Coordinator
- Jeff Clark - Academic Advisor, International Studies
- Danielle Clarke - Academic Advisor, Assessment Coordinator
- Randi Hamm - Academic Advisor, Honors Day Coordinator
- Jason Johns - Academic Advisor, GBA145 Coordinator
- Tiffany Labon - Academic Advisor, Faculty Scholars Coordinator
- Keely Latopolski - Academic Advisor, Crimson Edge, Friedman Hall Coordinator
- Katy Rossing - Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Online Program
- Anne Margaret Vincent - Academic Advisor, Online
- Sam Young - Academic Advisor, Sophomore Engagement