Commerce Building Opens Timelines: Culverhouse History

Written by

in

In the fall of 1928, construction was completed for the Commerce Building, the Commerce School’s first building, and opened for the fall semester. The Commerce Building was a dream of Dean Lee Bidgood’s and would later be named after him in 1952. The building originally housed 14 classrooms and multi-purpose rooms as well as 16 offices. The Commerce Building was dedicated on October 22nd, 1928 on the University’s Homecoming.