Culverhouse students and professionals from around the country gathered Saturday, Feb. 24 in the Bryant Conference Hall for the Capstone Student Investment Conference. The full-day event allowed students to learn from and interact with a distinguished panel, receive career-oriented advice, and network with firms in the financial services industry.
The panel of financial-industry professionals shared expertise and insight, providing both timely advice on navigating today's investment environment and timeless wisdom on navigating ever-changing financial markets to come.
Students in attendance were also able to build a network of like-minded peers with similar interests and aspirations.
The 2018 CSIC Speakers Included:
- William E. Conway, Jr., Co-Founder, Co-Chief Executive Officer, The Carlyle Group
- William C. Nygren, Portfolio Manager and Chief Investment Officer - U.S. Equities, Harris Associates
- Nick Saban, Head Football Coach, The University of Alabama (via prerecorded interview)
- C.T. Fitzpatrick, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Investment Officer, Vulcan Value Partners
- Richard Adams, Portfolio Manager, Everpoint Asset Management
- Dan Davidowitz, Portfolio Manager, Head of Large Company Growth Team, Polen Capital
- Mariko Gordon, Founder, Portfolio Manager, Daruma Capital Management
- Doug Hanslip, Managing Director, ZRG Partners
- James C. Kieffer, Portfolio Manager and Managing Director, Artisan Partners
- Frederick (Shad) Rowe, Managing Partner, Greenbrier Partners Capital Management
- Heath Terry, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
William E. Conway, Jr., Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer of the Carlyle Group, sits down for a Q&A with Fitzpatrick Teaching Professor, John Heins.
Founder and Portfolio Manager of Daruma Capital Management, Mariko Gordon, was among the distinguised panelists discussing their insights at CSIC.
Heath Terry, managing director at Goldman Sachs, presents his insights on change in the online travel industry.
Ken Tidwell (L), managing director at The Carlyle Group, William E. Conway, Jr., John Heins, and Culverhouse Dean, Kay Palan (R) at CSIC.