Capstone Student Investment Conference Coming Feb. 23
- January 10th, 2019
The Capstone Student Investment Conference, or CSIC, is a one-of-a-kind event, bringing together students and professionals from around the country who are passionate about investing and finance.This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the University of Alabama’s Bryant Conference Center.
Attendees will learn from and interact with a distinguished panel of speakers who will share their expertise and insight, providing timely ideas for today’s turbulent investment environment, in addition to offering timeless wisdom for navigating ever-changing financial markets to come.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet directly with representatives from prominent firms in the financial-services industry who see the conference as an ideal way to make contact with motivated and engaged students interested in finance-related careers. Last but not least, those attending CSIC will benefit from meeting like-minded peers from around the country who have similar interests and aspirations, helping to build a network that should pay dividends far into the future.
CSIC is hosted by the Culverhouse College of Business and its value investing concentration with support from UA’s College of Continuing Studies.
2019 CSIC Speakers Committed So Far:
- Richard Adams, New York-based Portfolio Manager focused on healthcare for long/short investment manager Everpoint Asset Management (formerly SAC Capital)
- Dan Davidowitz, Portfolio Manager and Head of the Large Company Growth Team at Boca Raton-based Polen Capital
- C.T. Fitzpatrick, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Vulcan Value Partners, an investment management firm based in Birmingham, AL
- Heath Terry, Managing Director in Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research department in New York, where he is the firm’s lead analyst for the Internet sector
- Jonathan Gattman, Founder and Managing Partner of Dallas-based long/short investment firm Cloverdale Capital
- Billy J. Hwan, San Francisco-based Co-Portfolio Manager for the Parnassus Endeavor Fund, which emphasizes in its research and analysis adherence to environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria
- Clay W. Manley, Houston-based Portfolio Manager focusing on small-cap stocks for money manager Invesco Ltd.
- Thyra Zerhusen, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer of Fairpointe Capital, a mid-cap value investment management firm based in Chicago
- Laura Geritz, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Portfolio Manager of Rondure Global Advisors, an investment firm based in Salt Lake City focused on overseas developed-country and emerging-markets investment strategies
- Joel Tillinghast, Portfolio Manager of Boston-based Fidelity Investments’ Fidelity Low-Priced Stock Fund, which he founded and has managed since 1989
- Amit Wadhwaney, Founding Partner and Portfolio Manager specializing in international investing at New York-based Moerus Capital Management
The individual student registration fee to attend the full-day conference is just $25, which covers all handout materials, continental breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunch. Discounted rates are available for groups of five or more. For more information and to register, please visit www.csic.ua.edu.
If you have any other questions or would just like to learn more about this year’s CSIC, including how to register as a group, please call 205-348-8528 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in Tuscaloosa on February 23rd!