WHAT: Nationally recognized conference for students passionate about investing and finance management
WHEN: Saturday, February 24th, 2018 9 AM - 5 PM
WHERE: Bryant Conference Center
We wanted to let you know about an exciting event planned for students from around the country who are passionate about investing and finance, the Capstone Student Investment Conference, which will be held Saturday, February 24th at the University of Alabama’s Bryant Conference Center.
CSIC is a one-of-a-kind event, in which students and professionals will learn from and interact with a distinguished panel of speakers who will share their expertise and insight, providing both timely advice on navigating today's investment environment and timeless wisdom to prosper in ever-changing financial markets to come.
Attendees will also hear career-oriented advice from a panel of financial-industry professionals and will have the opportunity to meet representatives from prominent firms in the financial-services industry who see the conference as an ideal way to make contact with motivated and engaged students interested in finance-related careers. Last but not least, those attending CSIC will benefit from meeting like-minded peers from around the country with similar interests and aspirations, a start to building out a network that should pay dividends far into the future.
2018 CSIC Speakers Committed So Far:
- William E. Conway, Jr., Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer of The Carlyle Group, a leading private-equity firm based in Washington, D.C.
- William C. Nygren, Portfolio Manager and Chief Investment Officer – U.S. Equities, Harris Associates, a Chicago-based investment manager
- C.T. Fitzpatrick, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Vulcan Value Partners, an investment management firm based in Birmingham, Alabama
- Richard Adams, New York-based Portfolio Manager focusing on healthcare for long/short investment manager EverPoint Asset Management (formerly SAC Capital)
- Dan Davidowitz, Portfolio Manager and Head of the Large Company Growth Team at Boca Raton-based Polen Capital
- Mariko Gordon, Founder and Portfolio Manager of New York-based investment manager Daruma Capital Management
- Jeff Gramm, Portfolio Manager of long/short investment manager Bandera Partners, based in New York
- Doug Hanslip, Managing Director of the Financial Services Practice at executive recruiting firm ZRG Partners in Chicago
- James C. Kieffer, Atlanta-based Portfolio Manager and Managing Director of investment manager Artisan Partners
- Frederick (Shad) Rowe, Founder and Managing Partner of Dallas-based investment firm Greenbrier Partners Capital Management
- Heath Terry, Managing Director in Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research department in New York, where he is the firm’s lead analyst for the Internet sector
The individual student registration fee to attend the full-day conference is just $25, which covers all handout materials, continental breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunch. Discounted rates are available for groups of five or more. To register, please visit www.csic.ua.edu.
C.T. Fitzpatrick Professor of Value Investing
CSIC Conference Chairman
The University of Alabama
President, Culverhouse Investment Management Group
The University of Alabama, Class of 2018